Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Style Challenge: Mint + Cobalt


 
We all love a challenge, right?  Well... Sometimes, we do. Yes? 

 

For the past few months, I've had a lot of very challenging work-related projects on my plate.  Thankfully, I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel (at least for the short term). 


It's times like these that prompt me to baby-step myself into challenging my (somewhat over-challenged) self in other ways. What's great is that style challenges are a perfect way to do so.


For some time now, I've wanted to pair mint with cobalt.  As you can see, I took the plunge last Friday (Yes, this is what I wore to work (that day) and my dinner date (that evening) with Mark).


Mint is a hue I enjoy more in small doses (e.g. accessories or nail polish). So, you can imagine (being the lover of stripes I am) how excited I was to infuse a bit more mint into my spring and summer wardrobe in a way that worked well for me. 


Plus, I think this "less mint is more" approach is a great way to pair this shade with cobalt.  Don't you?

 Maxi Dress: Kohl's (on sale now!)
Cardigan: Tommy Hilfiger (on sale also)
Shoes: Zara
Handbag: Kate Spade (very similar)
Watch: Kate Spade (gifted)
Men's Silver ID Bracelet: Hubby's
Anchor Scarf: Old Navy (very similar here)
Sunnies: Vera Bradley (love these)
Nails: Essie Mint Candy Apple
Lips: Mirenesse Glossy Kiss in Cheeky Kiss
(via Birchbox; another great option here)


 Have you ever paired mint with cobalt?  What do you think of this color combo?

Joy & peace, T.

This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style SessionsGaray Treasures and Confident Twosday.  On Wednesday, I'll link to The Pleated Poppy and Whatcha Wearing Wednesday