Tuesday, May 12, 2015

On Doing Good, Beautifully...



Love my dress?  I sure do, and for more ways than one might initially think...


If you're a frequent blog reader, you may remember the lovely anniversary trip Mark and I recently took to Washington D.C. (related past posts here, here and here.) On our actual anniversary, we ventured from D.C. to Old Town Alexandria, Virginia for the day. 


Amidst our sojourn there, I found this fab White House Black Market dress at a thrift shop, whose proceeds go to the prevention of blindness.  At this shop, I also purchased an adorable Ann Taylor animal print skirt and a striped (love my stripes) Theory (yes, Theory!) blouse. 


All these lovely pieces were like new.  And, as you might imagine, I can't wait to share them here (smile)!  My little shopping "spree" did good for me, my budget and a very worthy cause (not to mention the planet (as thrifting is an environmentally-friendly way to consume)).

Dress: White House Black Market (thrifted; similar (and on sale!)
Glass Art Deco Beads: Vintage (Etsy)
Belt: Thrifted
Tights: Simply Vera Wang
Heels: Michael Kors
Handbag: Kate Spade
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Watch: Kate Spade (gifted)
Lips: Clinique Glazed Berry
Nails: Essie Sand Tropez


What's do-gooding done beautifully look like to you?  Please share and inspire!

Joy, peace and grace, T.

This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style SessionsGaray Treasures and Confident Twosday.  On Wednesday, I'll link to The Pleated Poppy and Whatcha Wearing Wednesday