Sunday, April 5, 2015

Style: Transitional Wardrobe Pieces



The mounds of snow and sub-zero temps are merely a memory, now (smile).  Spring may have sprung, but it's still rather cool and incredibly windy where I live...


During this time of transition, my response is to pair warmer weather items (like this lovely python print maxi dress) with pieces that will keep me from suffering the effects of the still-nippy temps (e.g. a short-sleeved cashmere sweater). It's a balance that works well!


In fact, I think the key to transitioning well, is balance.  Sure, I can still wear a pair of wool pants this time of year. I just won't pair them with a sweater. A silk blouse and lightweight cardigan make far better accompaniments for heavier wardrobe items such as this.



Outer wear is a different story.  My wool coats are "put away" until later next fall.  Leather is a fabulous transitional wardrobe item. I've got several leather jackets that are lighter weight and have thinner linings (yes, the one I'm sporting here is one of those).  These are my preferred choice to wear this time of year.

Moto Jacket: Michael Kors
Cashmere Sweater: Target (older)
Maxi Dress (styled as skirt): Liz Claiborne (thrifted)
Booties: GC Shoes (boutique purchase)
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Handbag: Rebecca Minkoff


What are some of your favorite tips for transitioning your wardrobe this time of year? Would love hearing about them!

Joy & peace, T.

BTW, I'm linking this post to Not Dead Yet Style (Sunday) and the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday (Monday).