Sunday, April 26, 2015

On Care Packages Real & Symbolic


These pics were taken earlier today. Mark and I had driven into town; taking a few minutes on our Sunday afternoon to mail a sweet care package to our youngest son, who is attending graduate school in Boston.  Being so far away, he was unable to join us for a cherished family gathering we had, yesterday.


With Monday on the horizon, that got me to thinking... A care package was exactly what I needed, too (smile)...


So, here's the symbolic one I've assembled (for myself) to kick this new week off right:
  • I'm setting aside time to mindfully give thanks for the many gifts life has given me.
  • Holding nothing but positive thoughts, and countering negative one with beautiful memories of the weekend I've just savored. 
  • Finding ways to enjoy a good laugh (or six).
  • Treating my body to a 30-minute workout.
  • Gifting my soul with a long soak in a bubble bath.
  • Gracing my encounters with the joy of being more fully present.

Anorak: Old Navy (similar)
Sweater: Zara
Black Jeans: L.L. Bean Signature (another great option)
Heels: Michael Kors (on sale!)
Scarf: Handmade via Etsy Vendor
Handbag:  Vera Bradley (this one is adorable)
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Nails: OPI Passion


What goodies will your symbolic care package contain? Would love to hear about them!

Joy & grace, T.

BTW, I'm linking this post to Not Dead Yet Style (Sunday) and the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday (Monday).