Sunday, March 1, 2015

What's Making Me Feel Rich...


As I write, nearly another foot of snow is blanketing northwest Ohio...  It's cold, gray and the roadways are somewhat treacherous, here.  Huge deadlines and a few long days (at work) await me this week.

 

Sometimes, it's easy to feel overwhelmed, disheartened--whatever... When that happens, I stop and honestly take stock of what really matters. Truly, it shifts my perspective.


You see, my loving husband and I enjoyed a wonderful day (yesterday) in Michigan with our beautiful and precious son, daughter-in-law and grandson. It was a day rich in love, joy and pride.



In fact, it's been a week laden with richness.  Two dear friends reached out to me unexpectedly (amongst snow, deadlines and the winter doldrums).  One wrote me the sweetest thank you note for a lunch I treated her to, recently.  In it, she told me I inspire her!  Another sent me a lovely gifted book on a subject near and dear (joie de vivre); telling me she was thinking of me!  These sweet treasures made me feel so very rich--in heart and spirit!


Coat: DKNY
Turtleneck: TranquiliT
Skirt: ModCloth
Tights: Simply Vera Wang
Booties: Nine West
Belt: Target
Handbag: Fossil
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Silk Scarf: Albert Napon (consigned)
Enamel Pendant: Vintage (local antique shop)
Gloves: Coach


Where are you finding true richness? Would love hearing about it!

Joy & peace, T.

BTW, I'm linking this post to Not Dead Yet Style (Sunday) and the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday (Monday).