Sunday, March 15, 2015

Citing Simple Pleasures...



Early this past Saturday morning, I heard a killdeer chirping outside my bedroom window.  During this incredibly long winter, I have missed these sweet migratory birds! So glad they have finally returned.


The temperatures are slowly rising. This past weekend, I was able to get out and about with a little less layering (Yay!).


I treated myself to a new tube of lipstick Saturday afternoon.  The woman behind the cosmetics counter told me I looked like I was in my early 30's (Believe me, this 50-something ADORED hearing that!)!


Recently, I've taken dedicated morning journal time to contemplate what's no longer working for me. This past week, I weeded a few "no longer working for me's" from my life. Yup, let the spring cleaning begin (Smile).


Post a slew of busy days this past week, I've enjoyed watching basketball playoffs in the evenings with Mark. This Hoosier-born woman is thrilled that March Madness is about to begin!

 Sweater: Vintage
Jeans: Loft
Booties: G.C. Shoes (boutique purchase)
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Handbag: Coach
Nails: Essie Bikini So Teeny
Lipstick: Clinique Crushed Grape

The sweater I'm sporting was a major-huge splurge when I purchased it in 1987. I'm proud to say I've  been gleefully wearing it (at some point) every winter since then.


Okay... It's time for you to share the joy! I'd love hearing what simple pleasures you are enjoying these days!

Joy and grace, T.

BTW, I'm linking this post to Not Dead Yet Style (Sunday) and the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday (Monday).