Sunday, January 11, 2015

Style: Why I Heart Heavy Rotation


"Heavy rotation" is blogspeak for wearing an item of clothing (or an accessory) a lot (as part of your daily wardrobe rotation).  As of late, the black jeans and boots (featured) in these pics have been on heavy rotation for moi.  


Long ago (and, far away), the idea of heavy rotation was foreign to me.  You see, I thought I "needed" to have lots of clothes--all of which were never worn too frequently.  Most of these items were selected because they were on sale versus being pieces I personally sought to add to my collection. That's not my philosophy these days, though.  Here's why...


To me, heavy rotation means I only own clothing pieces I adore wearing.  It also means I've learned how to creatively mix and match what I already own.


Wearing items in heavy rotation means I enjoy wearing pieces because they are comfy (Plus, I just feel good wearing these items!). When heavy rotation is in play, I am a woman who has put thought into her wardrobe; because I choose to wear what works best for me.


In summation (smile), a heavily rotated wardrobe is one that I have mindfully selected, is well refined and consists of quality pieces I heart wearing. Heavy rotation gives me permission to not shop till I drop, saves me money and means my closet is less congested.

Cashmere Coat: Neiman Marcus
Alpacca Beanie: Local Boutique Purchase
Sweater: J.Crew
Jeans: L.L. Bean Signature
Boots: Nine West
Gloves: Coach
Handbag: Vintage Dooney & Bourke
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Faux Fur Scarf: Gifted

Under my coat: Michael Kors watch (gifted) and 
opal + rhinestone bracelet (c/o Tidebuy--on sale right now!)


Do you heavily rotate items within your wardrobe?  Which ones do you heavily rotate most?

Joy & hugs, T.

BTW, I'm linking this post to Not Dead Yet Style (Sunday) and the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday (Monday).