Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Patience is a Virtue!


As a little girl, my mother often told me, "Patience is a virtue."  It's a concept I had a hard time grasping (smile)...


Recently, I've come to understand the wisdom of this age-old cliche, though.  Case in point: About a year ago, I read (somewhere since forgotten) every French woman possesses the talent to do her own manicures.  Francophile that I am, I took on the challenge of teaching myself how to proficiently do my own manicures.


It wasn't easy at first; especially where painting my nails darker shades of polish came into play.  In the beginning, I got more polish on my fingers than my fingernails (LOL!).  In time, however, I learned to take my time; be patient; and observe that (with continued practice) I was gaining proficiency in my manicure endeavors.

On my nails: OPI I Carol About You


These days, I'm doing my own manis, and that gives me a huge sense of accomplishment! Plus, this little foray has taught me the value of having patience, too.

Coat: J.Crew
Beret: Urban Outfitters
Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Silk Blouse: Charter Club (thrifted)
Sweater: Ralph Lauren (gifted and older)
Jeans: J.Crew Factory
Boots: Vintage Kinney (via Vintage Vogue in Bloomington, IN)
Handbag: Michael Kors
Leather Gloves: Vintage (Cactus Flower in Bloomington, IN)


Tell me... What practices have you learned patience from?  Would love hearing about them!

Joy & peace, T.

This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style SessionsGaray Treasures Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me (link up) and Confident Twosday.  On Wednesday, I'll link to The Pleated Poppy.  Linked on Thursday to:  Let Your Light Shine  * Spotlight Weekly Over 50 Feeling 40 * What Wives Wear * Treasure Tromp and on Friday to: Style Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday