Thursday, January 1, 2015

My 2015 Mantra...



Happy New Year!  Every January, I select a guiding mantra--a self-affirming theme for the year ahead of me. The links below are to past posts featuring my mantras for the years 2012-2014.

This year's mantra is "I matter."  It's inspired by a fellow blogger, who has launched a whole series of posts related to this totally worthy affirmation.


You see, I've come far in relation to not discounting my own needs, and ensuring I care for myself (body, mind and soul) on a fairly consistent basis.  Nevertheless, I'm a busy woman (as we all are!).  I work a full-time job, blog, write, volunteer, flower garden, create art, belong to several community-based organizations and undertake countless other endeavors--all in addition to being a wife, mother, and (now) a grandmother.  "I matter" is an affirmation that keeps me firmly grounded in self-care, and quickly redirects me when I need it most (I've already tried this one on for size, and it definitely keeps me in line! LOL!).


The pics in this post feature what I wore last night (on New Year's Eve).  Mark and I ventured downtown to a lovely historic theater that's been converted into a bar/special events center.  There, we attended a fab retro-themed New Year's Eve celebration.  We had great fun!

Faux Fur Coat: Ann Taylor (Consigned)
Cashmere Cardigan: Marshalls
Satin Camisole: Chico's
Black Jeans: L.L. Bean Signature
Statement Necklace: Jennifer Lopez via Kohl's
Clutch: BCBG
Sunnies: Ray Ban
Velvet Scarf: Vintage (Cactus Flower in Bloomington, IN)
Lipstick: NARS Red Lizard
Nail Polish: Sally Hanson Celeb City


Share with me your thoughts on what "I matter" means to you.  Would love hearing about it!

Joy & peace!  T.

This post will be linked (Thursday) to:  Let Your Light Shine  * Spotlight Weekly Over 50 Feeling 40 * What Wives Wear and on (Friday) to: Style Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3546414/?claim=8hzy7dtjmkm">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>