Sunday, December 28, 2014

Style: Adding Impact to a Jeans + Tee Combo...


Last evening, Mark and I ventured downtown for dinner at a local pub; post an afternoon of watching college basketball games from home.  Comfortably sporting an older jeans and t-shirt combo, I decided not to change for dinner.  Rather, I chose to add a few key pieces--for impact.


1.  A statement scarf:  A statement scarf can dress up any ensemble! Here, I'm sporting a gorgeous silk stole (worn as a scarf).  Check out my past review of this luxurious accessory here.


2.  A quality handbag: I bought this lovely leather backpack on sale from Anthropologie last summer.  It's not only a quality-made item; this beauty is unique, too!


3. Fab Layering: This could have been accomplished via a whole array of standout clothing pieces: a poncho, blazer, cardigan, kimono... Today, I'm featuring this great Army-style jacket I found at a thrift store in Columbus's Short North while on a weekend getaway this past fall.  The thrift shop is called Out of the Closet.  This spacious shop is brimming with wonderful vintage finds; plus, all proceeds go to AIDS research.  Isn't that awesome?



4.  Impact Lip Color:  In these pics, I'm wearing NARS' Funny Face.  It's a gorgeous shade of fuchsia, and it definitely makes an impact!

 Sunnies: c/o Firmoo
Army Jacket: Express (thrifted)
T-shirt: American Eagle Outfitters
Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters
Booties: GC Shoes (Boutique Purchase)
Leather Backpack: Anthropologie
Silk Stole (worn as scarf): c/o Elaborestore.com
Bracelet: Vintage Tiffany (Etsy)


Share with me your thoughts on adding impact to a basic jeans and tee combo.  You know I'd love hearing them!

Joy & hugs, T.

BTW, I'm linking this post to Not Dead Yet Style (Sunday) and the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday (Monday).