Monday, December 22, 2014

Coat + Scarf as Style Accessories...



In the past few years, I've learned the value of coordinating my outwear with my outfits.  It's not that everything needs to be perfectly matched. However, there is a need to ensure nothing clashes (smile).


A simple outfit such as this (jeans and a chambray shirt) is easy to coordinate with outerwear; most especially because it lacks any sort of pattern. Another reason is that all the clothing and accessory pieces are within a couple of color ranges that already work well together.


This time of year, I adore donning red. Additionally, I love pairing leopard print with red.  This scarf works well with not only the red, but the other pieces I'm sporting.  In a sense, I see my coat and scarf as accessories--every bit as I do my boots, handbag and sunnies (all of which are in black).



When it's cold, I'll sometimes keep my faux fur scarf on indoors, too, (to keep warm!).  That really does make my scarf an outfit accessory, right?

 
 Coat: L.L. Bean
Scarf: Gifted 
Jeans: Aeropostale
Chambray Shirt: Fossil
Boots: Nine West
Handbag: Milly
Gloves: Coach
Sunnies: Betsey Johnson


Wishing all the happiest of holidays!  I'll return to the blog with a post on Friday.  In between, I'm savoring treasured time with loved ones.

Joy & peace, T.

BTW, I'm linking this post to the Two Birds' Inspiration Monday on Monday.  This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style SessionsGaray Treasures Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me (link up) and Confident Twosday.