Thursday, October 9, 2014

Wardrobe Essential: Shirt Dress



Years ago, I owned a khaki shirt dress.  I didn't spend a lot for it, but a sure wore the daylights out of that great dress!  In fact, I think I wore it until it was a bit beyond wear (smile).


Fast forward about 25 years later, I was browsing a sweet consignment shop (this past summer) in Michigan.  There, I came across a lovely plaid shirt dress...


This great piece was marked down, and we were getting ready to head to New England for a vacation.  My first thought was that it would be perfect for the trip...


Turns out--I've enjoyed wearing this dress a variety of places--including to work (combined with a cardigan).  Interestingly enough, I thought it would be a summer-only dress.  Paired with a sweater, though, it's worked fabulously for me this fall, too!



Someday, I'm going to find the perfect khaki shirt dress; much like the one I owned long ago.  It had long sleeves and was one that I truly could don all four seasons. Happily, I've rediscovered how versatile  and classic a shirt dress can be!

 Sweater: Ralph Lauren (gifted)
Shirt Dress: Ralph Lauren (consigned)
Tights: Simply Vera Wang
Boots: Nine West
Handbag: Fossil
Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Pendant: Vintage Tiffany (Etsy)
Men's Watch: Hubby's Discard
Silver ID Bracelet: Hubby's
Hat: American Eagle (gifted)


Do you own a shirt dress? What are your thoughts about this as a closet "must have?"  Would love hearing about it!

Joy and peace, T.

This post will be linked (Thursday) to:  Treasure Tromp  Let Your Light Shine  * Spotlight Weekly *  Tres Chic Fashion Thursday Over 50 Feeling 40 * Simply Just Lovely * The Life of the Party and on (Friday) to: Simple Sequins  * Style Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday