Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Enjoying a Life More Present...



My quest for a more mindful existence is one I embarked upon roughly six years ago...  Am I there yet?  Um, no, I'm not--at least, not fully.


And, you know, I've began to wonder if such a thing as being fully mindful--one hundred percent of the time--is even possible.  After all, humans' minds wander.  To some extent, that's what they were meant to do, right?


That's okay, though. The efforts I've taken these past few years have made me much more mindful and present than I've ever been in my life.  That, I adore! Sipping my morning java and truly savoring its taste, stopping at a traffic light and soaking in the gorgeous skies before me, carefully choosing my response (versus responsively reacting) when asked that "interesting" question... Yes, it's all good stuff...




 Field Jacket: Old Navy
Top: J Crew (consigned)
Belt: Vintage Michael Kors (Etsy)
Maxi Skirt: J Jill (thrifted)
Boots: Vintage Kinney (Vintage Vogue in Bloomington, IN)
Handbag: Anthropologie
Sunnies: Firmoo
Watch: Michael Kors (gifted)
Jade Necklace: Vintage (antique shop purchase)


Share with me one transformational quest you've embarked upon.  Would love hearing about it!

Joy and grace, T.

This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style Sessions, Garay Treasures Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me (link up) and Confident Twosday. On Wednesday, linking to: What I Wore: The Pleated Poppy.

BTW, I'm over the moon to be featured on today's Garay Treasures' blog post!  Check it out!!! :)