Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Styling Old Treasures...


Feeling a bit proud as I write this post... Namely, this feeling comes from the realization that I've never been afraid to hold onto (and don) old faves over the years.


Don't get me wrong... I weed my closets (pretty much seasonally); donating, discarding and/or selling those items I no longer want (or wear).  However, over the years, there are certain pieces I have absolutely adored.  Hence, I've kept and enjoyed wearing them (smile).



Have you guessed the old treasure (featured in this post), yet? It's the fab, striped sweater I'm sporting.  I purchased this lovely sometime in the late 80's.  At the time, it was a major splurge.  Nevertheless, I knew I'd wear it for years to come...and, I have!


Speaking of old treasures... The lovely mother-child cameo pendant I'm donning is one as well.  I found it while flower gardening in my own yard a few years back.  Yup, unearthed in while digging in the dirt! Truly, it was like uncovering buried treasure.

Sweater: Sportables (vintage)
Jeans: Chaps
Shoes: Zara
Handbag: Sole Society
Pendant: Found
Sunnies: Firmoo
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted)


Share with me your thoughts about styling old treasures.  I would LOVE to hear them!

Joy and hugs and peace, T.

This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style Sessions  and Confident Twosday. On Wednesday, linking to: What I Wore: The Pleated Poppy.