Thursday, September 25, 2014

Skirt Joy and Planet Love...



Like my skirt?  I absolutely adore it, and for more reasons that one might imagine...


You see, I purchased this Amanda & Chelsea skirt from an awesome consignment store in Cambridge, Massachusetts (The Garment District) last month while on vacation.  My little lovely still had all the original taggings on her; including the manufacturer's $98 price tag...


I, however, paid less than $20 for her.  She's a real find, too--leopard print, lined, pristine and made of this thick woven fabric that feels (and looks) oh so very rich.


Of course, I'm thrilled to have found such a fab bargain.  But, lover of this planet that I am, my pleasure also comes from a purchase that kept an unwanted garment from being discarded (hence, from a landfill).


I adore finding "unwanted" treasures. Don't you?


 Chambray: Fossil
Skirt: Amanda & Chelsea (The Garment District, Cambridge, MA)
Tights: Simply Vera Wang
Boots: Nine West
Handbag: Marc Jacobs
Sunnies: Nine West
Glass Art Deco Mourning Beads: Vintage (antique shop purchase)
Stone Bracelet: Gift Shop in Nassau, Bahamas
Men's Diamond Watch: Elgin (yard sale find!)


Share with me your thoughts on skirt joy, planet love, "unwanted" treasures or whatever else you wish.  Would love to hear about it!

Joy & peace, T.

This post will be linked (Thursday) to:  Treasure Tromp  Let Your Light Shine  * Spotlight Weekly *  Tres Chic Fashion Thursday Over 50 Feeling 40 * Simply Just Lovely * The Life of the Party and on (Friday) to: Simple Sequins  * Style Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday