Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Risks in Style and Life...


Confession time... For the better part of my life, I've never been a huge risk taker.  Yup, I'm a pretty much a "sure thing" and "walk the straight and narrow" kinda gal.


Might sound funny, but (for a while, now) I've been wanting to sport booties with a skirt or dress--sans tights.  Problem was... I wasn't sure I could pull it off...


Long story straight... I decided to take a risk, and go for it, anyway.  Actually, I'm glad I did.  Felt good to give it a go, and I honestly think it worked out just fine.


Yes, this risk was one merely involving style. Yet, I know that it's the baby steps taken in this life that allow for ascension to next level.


You see, I believe that every fashion risk taken serves as a quasi "training ground" for future gutsy moves on a much larger scale.  What do you think?

 Shirt: American Eagle
Skirt: ModCloth
Belt: Banana Republic
Sunnies: Firmoo
Leather Backpack: IllBeCa/Joy Gryson via Antropologie
Enamel Necklace: Vintage via Etsy
Bangles: Chico's
Men's Diamond Watch: Elgin (yard sale)
Booties: Nine West


Share with me your thoughts on risk taking in style and life.  Would enjoy hearing them!

Joy and peace, T.

This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style Sessions  and Confident Twosday. On Wednesday, linking to: What I Wore: The Pleated Poppy.