Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Joy Tip: Engage in Childlike Fun



Is there anything more enjoyable than childlike play?  Confession time... I've got a couple of small bouncy balls I keep tucked away in my desk drawer at work.  From time to time, I'll take a few minutes to break from my duties to play away; relieving the day's cares--even if it's just a little bit.


Tonight, Mark and I are headed off to the Gish Film Theatre; located on the local college campus.  Many of the films shown there are artsy, vintage and/or critically acclaimed.  It's a fave place of ours.


This eve's film is Frankenweinie.  Another revelation... Kids' movie and all--I'm really looking forward to it!


You see, there's so much in real world life that demands seriousness, concentration, and even sacrifice.  Sometimes, I just need to play a bit--to enjoy life much as I did as a little girl.  It's another way I maintain balance in my world.


 Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Chambray Shirt: Piace Boutique (Bloomington, IN)
Skirt: Vintage Norma Kamali (Etsy)
Leather Belt: Thrifted
Shoes: Candies
Handbag: Kate Spade
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted)
Bracelet: Fossil
Necklace: Vintage (antique shop purchase)


So, tell me... How do you engage in childlike fun?  Truly, I'd love hearing about it!

Joy, grace and peace! T.

This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style Sessions  and Confident Twosday. On Wednesday, linking to: What I Wore: The Pleated Poppy.