Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Bit About Transitions (in Life + Style)...


We have had one of the most gorgeous (and comfortable) summers on record--here in northwest Ohio.  That is--until last week--the first week of September--when summer decided to hit--full force.  Yup, hot and muggy weather moved in...


Years ago, I'd have worried about certain style "mandates" regarding what one should and shouldn't do post Labor Day.  These days, though, a more relaxed and authentic self knows flexibility is the only "rule" I follow (smile).


You see, there are some things in life we simply have to do.  Mostly, however, there's room to tweak, to adapt, to do what feels right (versus what we are told we must do!).


As I transition into the lovely season of fall, and continue to walk the path of a more authentic and enriched life, I know the good stuff happens when I allow myself to loosen the reins and listen to my own wise self.


 Dress: Maggy London (consigned)
Sunnies: Nine West
Sweater: Amanda Smith (older)
Glass Beads: Vintage (antique shop)
Shoes: Charming Charlie
Handbag: Kate Spade Saturday
Watch: Anne Klein (gifted)
Enamel Bracelet: Vintage (local antique shop)


Share with me your thoughts on transitions in life and style.  Would love hearing about them!

Joy and grace!  T.

This post will be linked (Thursday) to:  Treasure Tromp  Let Your Light Shine  * Spotlight Weekly *  Tres Chic Fashion Thursday Over 50 Feeling 40 * Simply Just Lovely * The Life of the Party and on (Friday) to: Simple Sequins  * Style Elixir *Rachel the Hat * Favorite Fashion Friday