Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Style Confidence: Pink + Red


It's no secret... I firmly believe that fashion is a great place for building one's confidence.  You know--trying out new styles, pairing pieces in interesting new ways, combining shades that you've never thought you would...


The combination of pink and red is one I've always loved.  Yet, I've never tried it on, myself.  Until last week that is...


You might say I baby-stepped it a bit.  I used red and pink as accent pieces for a black maxi dress.


Nevertheless, I did it!  I paired red and pink, and I really liked the outcome. In fact, I am pleased enough that I'm now ready to pair red and pink on a much larger scale (e.g. a pink shirt with a red pair of jeans).

 Maxi Dress: Vintage DKNY (Etsy)
Scarf (worn as belt): Vintage via Etsy
Heels: Nine West
Handbag: Milly
Statement Necklace: Purchased from talented artist friend
Hat: Kohl's
Sunnies: Nine West
Men's Diamond Watch: Elgin (yard sale!)


So, tell me... Have you ever paired red and pink?  How does style help you build confidence?  Would love hearing about it!

Joy and peace, T.