Sunday, August 3, 2014

Style Challenge: Mixing Animal Prints...


I heart leopard print!  In fact, animal prints--period...I adore.


Last year, I wrote a post about wearing double leopard print.  Check it out here.


Today's post, however, is dedicated to the joy of mixing different varieties of animal prints.  Yes, it's doable, and most definitely can be done elegantly! 


The first rule of thumb is to ensure all animal printed items worn are in the same color palette.  For instance, if I'm wearing a snow leopard print dress (black and white), I'd have no problem pairing a zebra print scarf (black and white) with it.  In these photos, you'll note the animal prints I'm wearing are both in earthy brown tones.



That leads me to my next tip... Pair larger pieces of clothing in animal print (e.g. a blouse or skirt or dress or pants) with animal print accessories (shoes, scarves, bracelets, handbags, etc.) rather than another larger piece of clothing.


My last trick is to limit the print mixing to two items. Again, one can be a larger clothing item (for example, like my python print blouse), but the other should be an accessory/smaller piece (e.g. my leopard print shoes).


Do you mix animal prints?  If so, share your secrets for doing so here.  They are most welcome!

 Blouse: Lucky Brand
Belt: Banana Republic
Jeans: Calvin Klein
Shoes: Target 
Handbag: Vintage Dooney & Bourke
Watch: Michael Kors
Rose Gold Link Bracelet: Vintage via Etsy
Statement Necklace: Vintage Monet
Sunnies: Firmoo


A couple of thoughts before parting...  I received the sweetest mention from fellow blogger, Jade Wright, on her blog the other day (check it out here!).  And, I'm again linking up to the Two Birds' blog on Monday--likely along with others donning animal print.

Joy & peace, T.