Monday, August 25, 2014

Small Indulgences...



Super-long weeks equate to deserved indulgences...such as taking a walk in a local botanical garden, opening that bottle of wine saved for a special occasion, spending an evening on the patio reading (you know I could go on!)...


One day last week seemed especially lengthy... So, post work, I drove over to the Walgreens and picked up a new bottle of nail polish (Essie Strut Your Stuff).  I had built up rewards points (meaning my purchase totaled $3 plus tax).  Talk about a small indulgence...



Then, I headed off to a sweet little antique shop, downtown--to browse.  Like the $2 enamel sailboat broach I purchased there?  I adore enamel jewelry and anything nautical; so, this was a major score (smile).


The greatest treat I gave myself that evening, however, came via my ability to listen to my own inner wisdom--in order to resolve a quandary I had.  Truly, this is my idea self-indulgence!

 Dress (worn as skirt): c/o eShakti
Top: L.L. Bean
Shoes: TOMS
Scarf (worn as belt): American Eagle
Handbag: Sole Society
Sunnies: c/o Firmoo
Enamel Brooch: Vintage (antique store purchase)
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted)


What small indulgence gave you great joy--as of late?  Would love to hear about it!

Joy, grace & peace, T.