Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Insights from Yoga Class...



"You deserve the comforts of safety, freedom and community..." It's a small portion of a guided meditation an instructor led during a recent yoga class I attended.



The pursuit of those three things: safety, freedom and community--truly resonated with me.  Here's why...


I want to be safe from:
  • thoughts that don't serve me well;
  • the need to please; and
  • self-judment.

I seek the freedom to:
  • speak my truth;
  • express myself artistically; and
  • take calculated risks.


Cultivating community:
  • enriches the quality of my life through deeper connections with others; 
  • expands my horizons in too many ways to count; and
  • enables me to reach out, share my gifts.

 Shirtdress: Ralph Lauren (consigned)
Belt: Land's End (thrifted)
Handbag: Fossil
Heels: Nine West
Cardigan: Tommy Hilfiger
Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Art Deco Glass Beads: Vintage via Etsy
Men's Watch: Hubby's Discard
Silver ID Bracelet: Hubby's


Tell me about a recent insight that touched your soul.  Would adore hearing about it!

Joy & peace.  T.

This post will be linked (on Tuesday) to Style Sessions  and Confident Twosday. On Wednesday, linking to: What I wore: The Pleated Poppy.