Tuesday, July 22, 2014

What I Wore: Evening Garden Party...




A dear friend recently invited me to attend an evening garden party fundraiser at Schedel Gardens.  Without hesitation, I eagerly accepted her sweet invitation...




Although I didn't take any pics in the garden or at the party (too busy having fun there), I've sprinkled nature/art photos I took at that same garden (on my last visit there)--amongst the photos featured here (in this post) of what I wore that night.






One morning last week (while writing in my journal), I vowed to increase my efforts at cultivating community.  Interestingly enough, the invite to attend this community-based event with a friend materialized the next day...





No doubt, I am a firm believer in the power of telling the universe what I need/want.  Often, that's done via my beloved journal...


And...my lovely floral skirt... Well, post invite, I visited a local thrift shop--in the hopes of finding a fab floral dress or skirt--one perfect for a garden party.  This one was my size, a J. Jill and in mint condition... Sold (smile)!




 Linen Top: Flax
Maxi Skirt: J. Jill (thrifted)
Shoes: Zara
Hat: Consigned (and vintage)
Sunnies: Target
Pearls: Vintage (antique store purchase)
Bracelet: Vintage Monet (antique store purchase)
Belt: Banana Republic





Share with me your thoughts of what to wear at a garden party, journal writing and/or asking for what you want/need to thrive.  Would love to hear about it!

Joy & peace!  T.