Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Life Always Appears Calmer on the Other Side...


One day, last week, I had a sacred day off from work... Well, sort of...


You see, we scheduled an appliance repair and the installation of wood flooring--both on the same day.  My duties that day was to simply "be here." The real fun began at about 8:30 a.m. That's when both the repair person and installation folks arrived within minutes of each other.


Here's my big takeaway: there's more calm being in the office on the most "chaotic" of days than in one morning when dealing with two different home repair teams at once.  Literally, I had three people asking me questions or requesting that I handle something (e.g. back my vehicle out of the garage) all at the same time.  Add to that various instances of oops (including the fact that a final visit is needed to install the finishing pieces around the doorways (total surprise to me!)).


Happily, the next morning, appliance in top working order and lovely wood floors in place, I glided off to work--quite thankful for both the newness in my home environment (post a home renovation); but also feeling gratitude to be headed to my office (versus repeating the day before).  Funny how life always appears calmer on the other side, isn't it?

Jacket: Talbots
Camisole: Chicos
Linen Pants: Chicos
Heels: Candies via Kohl's
Sunnies: Nine West
Silk Scarf: Oscar de la Renta (consigned)
Faux Pink Pearls: Vintage via Etsy
Mother of Pearl Bangle: Vintage (antique store)
Handbag: Milly


Joy & peace. T.