Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Kendra Thornton Fashion Challenge

Elegant Evening Out at the Biltmore Coral Gables

Recently, I was contacted by travel expert, Kendra Thornton.  She invited me to participate in an exclusive project entitled, "Kendra's Miami Fashion Challenge!" The challenge: design and submit a proposed style board for her upcoming romantic getaway (sans children and with hubby) to the historic hotel, The Biltmore Miami-Coral Gables

Here's what Kendra told me: 

"As an avid traveler, I know that the right look can help make a vacation special. Thanks to Gogobot's firsthand reviews, I was able to find the perfect luxurious hotel in Miami for my upcoming romantic getaway. Now all I have to do is find a wardrobe that blends chic sophistication with trendy timelessness. A focal point of our stay in Miami will be the historic Biltmore Hotel. In 1994, the hotel became the first, and so far only, hotel in Florida to be designated a National Historic Landmark. Fully restored thanks to a federal program, the hotel has regained its status as a preferred destination for heads-of-state, dignitaries, and other members of the jet-set.
While I can't wait to take advantage of some of the hotel's more than 100 weekly exercise classes, I'm equally excited to experience the spa's incredible couples' massages and relaxing saunas. Of course, while I can't wait to get a makeover and have my hair done by top beauticians, my husband can't stop talking about spending time on the well-known hole-in-one golf course.After a day of relaxation, my next outfit needs to be perfect for enjoying the fine dining experience at the hotel's Palme d'or restaurant.  Afterward, it's off to the wine cellar club to choose from more than 100 wines and a variety of interesting cocktails. Thanks to Gogobot, I know my trip to the Biltmore is bound to be a fabulous experience. Just as importantly, I know that with the help of your awesome fashion blog, I'll be able to look my best while enjoying everything the hotel has to offer!"
Given my adoration for dressing up, I designed the board above (via Polyvore) for Kendra's dinner at Palme D'or (yum!) and wine sipping afterwards at The Cellar Club. This ensemble is exotically festive (perfect for Miami!); yet, it has "chic" written all over it.  Don' you think?

A huge thanks to Kendra for extending me an opportunity to participate in this design challenge!  Lovely readers, please let me know your thoughts on what I have crafted.

Joy & peace, T.