Tuesday, May 27, 2014

What I Wore to an Evening, Outdoor Gathering...


The Saturday before last, Mark and I journeyed to Michigan, late in the afternoon.  You see, we had been invited to a surprise birthday party for a dear family friend.  The celebratory dinner gathering was scheduled to begin early in the evening and was to be held (primarily) outdoors.


The weather was somewhat nippy (high in the 50's) and there was a threat of rain (which ultimately could have forced our party indoors).  I wanted to be warm, yet feel relaxed and casual (chic, too--if possible!).


White jeans are always a great solution for summertime gatherings such as this.  I think they have "classic elegance" written all over their casual selves!  A scarf is always a nice touch too--especially when it's still chilly out.


A statement handbag, gold tone jewelry and matching flats complete this look.  What do you think? I can happily report that I kept relatively warm, was comfy and felt quite pulled together--all at the same time. Even better, the guest of honor ended up being totally surprised about the party (always priceless), I enjoyed savoring time with friends and loved ones, and the rain held off (the sun even came out for a while!). Now, that's what I call a fab evening!

Sweater: Ralph Lauren (gifted and older)
Jeans: J Crew
Scarf: Gifted (Thank you, Andrew + Amanda!)
Shoes: Zara
Handbag: Michael Kors
Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Earrings: Vintage Monet
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted)


Please share your "summertime gathering" wardrobe tips with me!  I would adore hearing them!

Joy and peace, T.