Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sometimes, It's Good to Put Technology Aside...



Last Thursday evening, post clearing the dinner dishes from the table, Mark and I learned our one-and-a half-year-old dishwasher wasn't functioning.  Of course, the first thing we did was reach for a cellphone--to call a repair person (posthaste).


Friday afternoon (the very next day), I took a few hours of leave from work--so I could be at home for the much-anticipated arrival of the repair person.  He arrived; making a quick assessment. A part first had to be ordered before the dishwasher could even be repaired...


Gingerly, I asked the question, "When do you think it will arrive?" "Thursday at the latest," is what I learned.  So...looks like we are dishwasher-free for a few days--here at Bradley Manor...

Sunnies: Firmoo
Wrap: Local Boutique (Calico, Sage & Thyme)
Blouse: Forever 21
Vest: Bitten/Sarah Jessica Parker
Jeans: DKNY
Pumps: Rampage
Handbag: Milly
Pearl Pendant: Gift from my Parents


Friday night--post our dinner date, downtown, Mark and I came home and washed up (by hand) the dishes that had not only piled up in our sink--but that had already been loaded into our non-functioning dishwasher.  It was actually not a bad experience... We talked and laughed as we washed.  The cat even got curious about what we were doing and came over to join in on the "festivities."

You know, on occasion, it's not so bad to put technology aside!  Note, I said, "on occasion." Smile...

Joy & peace, T.