Thursday, May 29, 2014

Morning Journal Glory



About six months ago, I began a practice that's changed the tone of my mornings--for the better.  I began setting aside 25-30 minutes to write in my journal (I used to write in the evenings only.).


Some mornings, I'm running a bit late... Played with the cat a bit too long or slept in later than normal... On those days, I still write--even if it's only a few lines for a couple of minutes.


I can't tell you how many dilemmas I've ended up solving, the number of "aha" moments I've enjoyed or the precise amount of clarity I've gained as a result of my morning journaling practice.  I can simply say that there's been more than I'd have ever imagined possible.


Morning journal writing has become a luxury I crave.  And, I make every effort possible to do a bit of  it each workday before heading out.

 Washable Silk Skirt: Thrifted
Belt: Banana Republic
Shirt: L.L. Bean
Shoes: Nine West
Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Watch: Hubby's Cast Off
Handbag: The Leather Satchel Co. via Asos
Necklace: Purchased from Talented Artist Friend


What's your favorite morning ritual?  Writing in my journal has fast become mine.

Joy, hugs & peace, T.