Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Leaning in to a Luxe, Lazy Day...


This week, I enjoyed the luxury of a sacred mid-week day off from work.  No, these pics aren't from that day... That day (at least for a good part of it), I enjoyed donning comfy yoga pants--paired with a t-shirt (smile).


I pretty much did whatever I wanted that day... And, although I'm rarely one to watch television during the middle of the day--and, try to minimize multi-tasking where possible--I savored a long journal writing session while watching a documentary on former Texas Governor, Ann Richards. Yeah, that's me rebelling a bit on a couple of fronts (t.v. watching during the daytime--along with multi-tasking)...


One of my faults is that I'm sometimes too self-disciplined (I often attribute this to being an oldest child, who often cared for her many younger siblings.).  I'm happy to report that this past Wednesday wasn't one of those days where self-discipline reigned!


You see, I've begun to accept the fact that--with all things--balance is essential. The luxury of a 'lazy' day (here and there)...well, that's not only an extravagance... It's much needed--and well-deserved!

 Sunnies: Helix via Kohl's
Blouse: Topshop via Digbabies
Cashmere Sweater: Merona (older)
Wrap Skirt: Ralph Lauren (thrifted)
Tights: Simply Vera Wang
Heels: Nine West
Handbag: Rebecca Minkoff
Watch: Geneva
Silver ID Bracelet: Mark's
Czech Glass Beads: Vintage via Etsy


Tell me about your last luxe and "lazy" day.  I'd adore hearing about it!

Joy & peace!  T.