Thursday, May 15, 2014

Creative Style: A Jacket as a Shirt...



Creativity takes form in more ways than one.  Creativity is problem solving on the job.  It's selecting ways to make a rainy day a bit more special.  Creativity also means finding ways to wear treasured clothing pieces differently--more expressively.


Like my jean shirt?  It's a jacket, actually.  This piece is one I've had in my closet for a number of years, now.  I've always loved its rich look. Plus, it fits me perfectly; so, I've held on to it, and enjoyed wearing it over the years.


These pics were taken last week--on my 52nd birthday.  I'm standing outside the restaurant where Mark and I enjoyed dinner that evening.  Yes, I had a fabulous time savoring a celebratory dinner with my one and only.  But, I gotta admit... Another thing that totally rocked my night was the pride I took in creatively donning a fave item of clothing to dinner.


 Jean Jacket (fashioned as a shirt): Duck Head (older)
White Jeans: Calvin Klein
Belt: Tommy Hilfiger
Shoes: Nine West
Sunnies: Betsey Johnson
Handbag: Vintage (Mosaic Consignment Shop)
Necklace: Purchased from Talented Artist Friend
Watch: Mark's Cast Off
Silver Link ID Bracelet: Mark's
Slip-on Bracelet: Tiffany (Vintage via Etsy)


Select a few fave pieces in your wardrobe to sport creatively this week. You'll find it's a totally empowering way to get your creative on...

Joy and peace, T.