Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Moment of Thanks...


Ever silently give thanks? I do; often, when I'm driving to and from work.  I'll think to myself, "I'm thankful for the blue skies, the fact that it's raining--not snowing, a touching email from a friend, the tasty breakfast I cooked for myself..."


There are some things I'm always thankful for: my beautiful family, my adopted pet tabby cat, my home, my health... Other things I randomly find I am thankful for... For example, this week, I am thankful for:


  • spring's arrival (for real!)
  • the emergence of the first blooming daffodil in my backyard flower garden
  • reconnecting (via Facebook) with my grade school pen pal (after 40 years!)
  • the gorgeous, gourmet meal my hubby cooked for me last Sunday evening
  • the fact that I can see what's thought to be the second oldest tree in Ohio from the window in my office at work
  • a second year of friendship with a dear friend from California


You wanna know the best part about giving thanks?  Once you start, you can't stop counting the many things there are to be thankful for!


 Top: Nautica
Maxi Dress (worn as a maxi skirt): TranquiliT
Scarf (worn as a belt): TranquiliT
Sunnies: Dollar Tree
Shoes: Zara
Art Deco Pendant: Vintage via Etsy
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted)
Handbag: Rebecca Minkoff


Wishing you a fab weekend!  Joy & peace, T.