Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Using Style Icons to Inspire Oneself...


There are many style icons who inspire me... One is Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.  Her grace and elegance are timeless.


Twinsets, large-framed sunnies and scarves are definitely pieces I envision her wearing. And... Yes, of course, I think of her donning these clothing items--as well as a classic sheath dress, a chic car coat and an amazing pillbox hat!


The chevron print skirt might be a stretch, but I think it's classic enough to be JKO worthy, too.  What do you think?


Inspiration is good; not only in fashion, but in every aspect of life.  Viewing a lovely piece of art can inspire me to redecorate a room in my home.  An inspiring read can move me to make positive changes in my life.  Witnessing a courageous person's measures can spur me to take empowered action, myself.

Twinset: Liz Claiborne (older)
Skirt: Thrifted
Scarf: Local Boutique Purchase (Calico, Sage & Thyme)
Sunnies: Firmoo
Boots: Nine West
Rose Gold Link Bracelet: Vintage via Etsy
Ceramic/Rose Gold Watch: Anne Klein
Stone Bracelet: Gift shop in Nassau

Who's a style icon you admire?  Aside from style, how else does inspiration enhance your life?

Joy, peace and hugs, T.