Tuesday, April 15, 2014

On Women and Rivalry...


The Saturday before last, I attended a Zonta Area meeting.  This fab event took place at the local college campus--where I enjoyed great fellowship, team building exercises, and wonderful guest speakers--all of them delivering women-focused messages of inspiration.  I adore events such as this!  Don't you?


The first speaker of the day was my fave!  Her talk was centered around the subject of women and rivalry and how women sometimes trip each other (versus assisting each other) in their quest for success.  She also discussed how women will also often sabotage themselves through actions that only serve to set them back.


Two reading resources she recommended were:
  • Susan Shapiro Barash's Tripping the Prom Queen: The Truth About Women and Rivalry; and
  • Susan Nolen-Hoeksema's Women Who Think Too Much: How to Break Free of Overthinking and Reclaim Your Life.
I've placed both of these on my "must read" list!  In fact, I've already purchased the second of the two.


Blazer: Peace of Cloth
Blouse: Forever 21
Skirt: Merona (consigned)
Tights: Simply Vera Wang
Booties: Nine West
Handbag: Fossil
Sunnies: Firmoo
Art Deco Glass Pendant: Vintage via Etsy
Men's Watch: Pulsar (gifted)
Belt: Fossil


This is a subject matter that deserves far more than one, brief blog post.  Nevertheless, I wanted to bring it forward as it's one worthy of attention. Don't you think?

Joy and peace, Friends!  T.