Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Power of a Kind Word or Two...



Locally, myself and several others have recently become active in preserving a public service that's vitally needed in our community.  Unfortunately, there are opponents of our efforts--who have chosen to paint us in a somewhat less-than-favorable light.  And, although I know my efforts are aimed at doing what's best for this lovely community I so adore, it's still difficult when the press and opposing interests twist things out of context...


Saturday morning, while enjoying breakfast out with Mark, an acquaintance approached me to let me know there a number of people behind us in our efforts.  His parting message was, "Keep fighting this."


Having seen nothing but slanted press views and nasty emails this past week, his little sprinkling of kindness truly fuels me to do just that--to keep doing what I know is best.  Amazing what a few kinds words can do for someone, isn't it?

Riding Jacket: Anne Klein (vintage via Etsy)
Sleeveless Turtleneck: No brand (and older)
Vegan Leather Belt: Betsey Johnson (vintage via Etsy)
Jeans: American Eagle
Mother of Pearl Pendant: Vintage
Men's Watch: Pulsar
Boots: Nine West
Handbag: Vera Bradley
Sunnies: Target


Take a moment to reach out and share a bit of kindness, today.  Who knows where it might lead?

Joy and peace, T.