Sunday, March 30, 2014

Journaling to a Place of Non-Judgment...


I'm on a quest... One where--when situations arise--I can observe them as unaffectedly as possible--without judgment.


The beauty of being in a place of non-judgment is it's the pinnacle of living a mindful life.  Imagine experiencing without judgment...


Non-judgment lends itself to objective responses--versus emotional responses.  Non-judgment is the place where one's own acceptance of her or himself is the prize (rather than having others' acceptance).  Non-judgment is where one is more compassionate to themselves--and others, too. You see, non-judgment is my idea of safe and sound...


And, sure--I deserve to have my feelings about what someone said or did or whatever the issue might be...  Yet, letting things first be viewed as objectively as possible allows me to get a better handle on what is causing those feelings.  That is the beauty of non-judment, yes?


As of late, I've been using my journal to explore and cultivate more non-judgment in my own life.  It's been a practice where I'm slowly gaining more insight (and ability) each and every day.

Silk Blouse: Banana Republic (thrifted)
Jeans: DKNY
Boots: Nine West
Handbag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Diamond Men's Watch: Elgin (yard sale purchase!)
Wooden Bangle: Thrifted (Vintage Vogue in Bloomington, IN)
Statement Necklace: Monet (purchased at area antique shop)
Cape: Handmade and Vintage (Etsy)
Sunnies: Firmoo


Non-judgment means not blaming oneself, either.  And...this includes those times when one holds her handbag backwards during photo shoots (smile).

Joy and peace,  T.