Thursday, March 27, 2014

How to Rebel, Stylishly...


In the last few years, I've allowed myself to rebel a bit...  That's right; I'm rebelling against those things that set me back--don't allow me to shine my light brightly--prevent me from playing big (versus small).


Here' a sprinkling of what I'm rebelling against:
  • apologizing unnecessarily (e.g. No longer do I state, "Sorry for the length of this email."  I either write a shorter email or say what I want to say--without apologizing.)
  • the need to please
  • worry that others may think I'm not "nice"
  • feelings of having to "prove" myself
  • hiding my light
  • holding my tongue (My opinions count as much as anyone else's!)
  • doing what society expects (Being a 50-plus-year old woman doesn't keep me from doing anything!).


As in life, so be it in fashion as well... Zebra print pants and black leather hightop sneakers at my age?  Yup, I'm rebelling a bit--stylishly, too (smile).



Leather Jacket: Vintage Spiegel
Sweater: Zara
Pants: Chaps
Handbag: Juicy Couture
Gloves: Vintage Coach
Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Enamel Pendant: Vintage via Etsy

Share with me your thoughts on rebelling stylishly... I would love hearing them! 

Joy and peace, T.