Sunday, February 23, 2014

Taking Time for Realizations...


Late Friday afternoon, sitting at my workplace desk, I pored over the coming week's calendar; looking over various deadlines, meetings and other calendared commitments.  Then, it hit me...


The last week of February has arrived.  March will soon be upon us.


March (to me) means the official arrival of spring, the emergence of tulips in my gardens, the first evidence budding of trees, the possibility of a few warmer days and the hope of more comfortable walks outdoors.  Sometimes, in the busyness of my world, I forget to stop and realize what's right before me.  It's good to slow down and take account of what's before me--to look forward to, give gratitude for and savor (here and now).


There's an old saying about March: "In like a lion; out like a lamb."  Well, February's putting up quite a fight as she goes down...


You see, these pics were taken last Friday evening.  It was beyond windy outdoors that day. And, this week, the polar vortex is rumored to reemerge.  I smile, though; realizing March will be here soon...


Button-down Blouse: Forever 21
Wrap Blouse: Michael Kors (consigned)
Scarf Worn as Belt: Albert Napon (consigned)
Gloves: Target
Handbag: Fossil
Boots: Nine West
Pencil Skirt: Macy's
Necklace: Vintage (and consigned)
Sunnies: Firmoo

If you haven't taken pause for realization as of late, I'd highly recommend it.  If you have, I'd adore hearing about it!

Joy and peace, T.

BTW...I'm linking to Two Birds' blog on Monday--along with others donning black attire...