Sunday, February 16, 2014

How I'm Finding Balance This President's Day...


This Monday, a sacred gift of an added day off (via the Presidents' Day holiday) lies before me.  Great time to do something truly exciting, right?


Well... I'm doing something that's literally calling me--nothing.  Okay, maybe I'll do something; it will be relaxing, though...


No doubt; I'll journal, play with my dear adopted shelter pet, sip tea while watching more snow fall...  Maybe I'll watch an old movie--or two (here, at home)... Who knows (Smile...)?


You see, after a couple of weeks' worth of daily back-to-back meetings + another week with the same commitments before me + an enjoyable (yet, super-busy) weekend that just concluded (Valentine's Day date night, volunteering at a local WinterFest event that benefits our town's Zonta Club, and attendance at a Saturday night Fire N Ice gala fundraiser for the County's chapter of the American Red Cross), I need to hole up for a day and unwind, rest up a bit...


Yes... The outfit featured is what I wore to Saturday night's event.  I paired together several faves already in the closet (Yay for sensible styling!).

Wool Dress: Michael Kors (vintage via Etsy)
Lace Jacket: Purchased at a small-town boutique along Lake Erie 
Tights: Simply Vera Wang via Kohl's
Booties: Nine West
Statement Necklace: Jennifer Lopez via Kohl's
Diamond Earrings: Gifted


Tell me... How do you find balance in your busy life?  

BTW...I'm linking on Monday to the Two Birds' blog. Check it out to possibly see others donning fave booties along with tights there, too...

Joy and peace! T.