Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Blissfully Adrift...


Wow! What a winter it has been in northwest Ohio!  This past week, sub-zero temps--coupled with extremely high winds and scads of snow--have kept me from photographing much outdoors (These pics were taken on a particularly "good" day last week.  I think it may have been six degrees outdoors at the time!).


Straying from my routines gives me a sense of being adrift.  Interestingly enough, I somewhat like it...




Sure, I've got a few dreams I (someday) aspire to achieve.  Nevertheless, as I've moved away from this whole "five-year plan" stuff, I find I'm going it day-by-day (moment-by-moment, actually).  I'm letting my wise inner knowledge lead me as it deems fit.


Yes, it feels a bit foreign to someone who has always adhered to strict action plans to get her where she wants to go.  Adrift, however, carries with it a feeling of freedom, though.  Plus, there's the knowledge that my inner wisdom isn't going to cast me astray--which is remarkably reassuring...

Turtleneck: L.L. Bean
Lambswool Cardigan: No Brand
Slacks: Evan Picone
Booties: Mountain Lake
Gloves: Aris (vintage + consigned)
Bracelet: Tiffany (vintage via Etsy)
Handbag: Vera Bradley
Sunnies: Target
Pendant: Unknown brand--bought from a co-worker having a jewelry party

Ever feel somewhat adrift?  How's that working for you? Would relish hearing about it!

Joy and peace, T.