Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Grown-up Girl's Creed...




Sometimes, I remember being a little girl as if it was only yesterday.  Although, I still value having a childlike sense of curiosity, surprise and imagination, I know there's distinct advantages to being all grown up.  Namely, the fact that... 


I choose my own thoughts in order to manifest the feelings I desire.  I mold the environment I inhabit in order to make it a lovely place. I build meaningful moments of communion with others.


I use my creative gifts. I give gratitude for all that I have. I mindfully seek beauty everywhere I go.


I chart my own course. I own my inner wisdom. Whatever life throws, I know, "I got this."


Sunnies: Betsey Johnson via T.J. Maxx
Jacket: Vintage
Sweater: Banana Republic (thrifted)
Statement Necklace: Jennifer Lopez via Kohl's
Belt: Banana Republic
Jeans: DKNY
Boots: Nine West
Gloves: Moschino
Handbag: Milly
Scarf: Gifted (from a fellow Zontian)
Leather Cuff Bracelet: Vintage via Cactus Flower (Bloomington, IN)


What do you cherish most about being all grown up? Would love to hear about it!

Joy and peace, T.