Monday, December 9, 2013

There's No Place Like Home!


Late yesterday afternoon, we arrived back home after four fabulous days away.  You see, Mark and I took time to head back to Indiana to visit our families.  As part of this journey, we decided to carve out a day/night on our own as well...


We spent our time (alone, as a couple) in Bloomington, Indiana--a special place we always enjoy visiting together.  Somewhat to our surprise, a huge snow and ice storm hit, late the afternoon of our arrival.  Luckily, our hotel was within walking distance of everything we needed (shopping, restaurants, etc.).  Actually, it was a wonderfully festive experience--the snow, the lights, the holiday tunes (yum!).

Cardigan: BCBG via TJ Maxx
Blouse: Forever 21
Belt: Fossil
Handbag: Fossil
Jeans: DKNY
Boots: Nine West
Statement Necklace: Vintage via Etsy


Although our travels south of there the next day (where we set forth to be with our families) were (um) interesting (due to driving on a foot of snow packed atop several inches of ice), I treasure the restful, bountiful time spent with loved ones.  I must admit I was perhaps a bit too relaxed--as I inadvertently deleted (rejected) eight comments I had received for the blog--prior to heading off to my parents' house early Saturday morning.  My apologies to those involved!  

As much as I relish my time away, it sure is good to be back home again!  Joy, peace and a fab Monday to you!  T.