Friday, November 22, 2013

Self-fulfilling Sunnies and Thoughts...


Please take note of the sunnies I'm sporting.  They didn't cost me much.  In fact, I bought them at a dollar store over a year ago.  Nevertheless, I like them-- a lot...


About four weeks ago, I noticed they were missing.  In a state of disbelief, I searched high and low; finally deciding I'd lost them--which is unusual for me (You see, I rarely misplace anything.  I still have two Cross pens gifted to me nearly 20 years ago, and use them almost daily!).


Unfortunately, I found myself musing about this lost pair of sunnies a few days later... Told myself this proves why I should never invest in a pricier pair o' shades...


Then, last Saturday, I pulled one of my Vera Bradley handbags from the closet to sport to my standing breakfast date with Mark.  There, tucked in an outside pocket of the handbag, were the missing (dollar store) sunnies.  Safe and sound--I might add...


Two things here: 1) I realized I'd been a little tough on myself (these were a pair of sunnies that cost me a dollar after all!); AND 2) I also understood that thoughts like "I don't need to buy expensive sunnies as I'll lose only lose them" don't serve me well (and are, quite simply, untrue, to boot!).

Sunnies: The Dollar Tree
Silk Blouse: Charter Club (thrifted)
Belt: Land's End (thrifted)
Statement Necklace: Area antique shop
LBD: I.N.C. via Dillard's
Tights: Simply Vera Wang via Kohl's
Boots: Nine West

Ever find you're thinking thoughts that are: 1) untrue; AND 2) not self-serving?  Please share--would love to hear your insights on this!

Joy, peace and hugs!  T.