Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Self-Care: Treat Yourself!



Monday, I took myself out on a solo lunch date.  Nothing fancy--just enjoyed a chocolate-banana soy smoothie; then picked up a to go java to sip back at the office.  It was a treat, though--nonetheless.


This past weekend, while poring over the coming week's calendar, I realized I have a salon cut + highlights scheduled for Thursday evening.  Although some may view this as "basic maintenance,"  I prefer to see it as "a luxurious block of time to treat myself."


Remembering Thursday's salon expedition spurred me to pencil in a few more dates for next week: a pedi on Tuesday and a massage on Wednesday. Yum, yes? Both these treats are long overdue, BTW!

Bomber Jacket: J Crew (vintage via Etsy)
Cardigan: Liz Claiborne (10+ years old)
Linen Dress: J Crew
Gloves: Coach (vintage via Etsy)
Silk Scarf: Consigned (Cactus Flower in Bloomington, IN)
Tights: Simply Vera Wang via Kohl's
Booties: Mountain Lake (oldies)


Pull out your calendar and schedule a few treats for yourself.  Would love to hear what you come up with!


Joy, peace and happy Wednesday! T.