Monday, November 4, 2013

A Departure from the Norm...



Normally, I wouldn't go dressed this casually to work.  After all, I'm a manager--I'm an administrator, actually...


I did this past Friday, though... And, it turns out, shaking things up a bit ended up feeling pretty good!


Something else about this past Friday... Normally, Mark and I dine out for dinner, downtown, at a fave restaurant of ours.  Last Friday, though, we departed from our standing Friday night routine.  Traveling to a great pizza pub in Perrysburg (about 10 minutes from where we live), we joined up with a wonderful group of folks to celebrate the engagement of one of Mark's co-workers.  It was an amazing departure from the norm!


I'm all about switching up the "day-in-day-out" from time-to-time.  Some of the most revolutionary turning points in my life have been a result of making little changes--that eventually resulted in larger ones.  Case in point: In the summer of 1988, working full-time as a secretary and feeling somewhat disenchanted with my work life, I decided to change things up a bit by taking a university class in the evenings--after I got off work.  Next thing I knew, I had made the decision to quit my job and enroll full-time in college.  Four years later, I had completed my Bachelor's Degree.  A few years after that, I was holding the diploma for my Master's Degree. You see, one little change led to many others!

Beanie: Urban Outfitters (clearance!)
Jean Shirt: Piace Boutique (Bloomington, IN)
Cashmere Sweater: Michael Kors (vintage via Etsy)
Pants: Chaps Ralph Lauren via Kohl's (bought with Kohl's Cash!)
Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Booties: Mountain Lake (oldies)
Mother-of-Pearl Pendant: Vintage via Etsy


Speaking of a departure from the normal... Due to last Thursday's severe storms, Trick-or-Treat was rescheduled until last evening.  The pic below is a scene from our dining room--where we enjoyed listening to Halloween music between visits from ghouls and goblins (smile).


What little shifts can you implement into your routines this week?  I dare you to try them! Never know what treasures they will lead you to, right?

Hugs & joy, T.