Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Self-Care: Craft a Bliss List...



I know it's only Wednesday, but the proactive side of me is already thinking about the coming weekend (smile).  Mark and I are headed out to a gathering to celebrate the recent engagement of one of his coworkers on Friday evening. Aside from that, there's really not much on the agenda--aside from Saturday's breakfast date, downtown, and dinner out that night.


The prospect of a "free" Saturday afternoon got me to thinking... What if I built a list of really fun things I'd relish doing?  There'd be no pressure to experience all or even any of the items listed. Yet, if the mood struck (this weekend or even at some other point)--what a great  way to focus my bliss, yes?


Okay, this is impromptu, but here's my list:
  • brew some chai tea, light the fireplace & write in my journal
  • drink sparkling water from a champagne flute while reading a stack of magazines
  • curl up with my cat and watch a fave old movie (maybe the Joy Luck Club...)
  • buy a cup of java at a local coffee house and browse for books there
  • check out the newly-opened Japanese peace garden and teahouse at a nearby park

Faux Fur Jacket: Ann Taylor (consigned)
Lace Dress: Diversity Boutique 
Turtleneck: TranquiliT
Tights: Simply Vera Wang via Kohl's
Sunnies: Target
Boots: Nine West
Mother of Pearl Pendant: Vintage (bought at an area antique shop)


What's on your bliss list? Would adore hearing about it!

Joy and peace, T.