Wednesday, October 16, 2013

On Owning Grown-up Girls' Clothing...



About a year and a half ago, I crafted a list of clothing items I someday wanted to own.  Included on that list was what I termed to be "a big girl's blazer."  Sure, I already own a few blazers--some nice ones, too.  What I mean by "a big girl's blazer" is one that's well-made--truly, an investment piece.


Then, one day last winter, while browsing a high-end boutique, I came across it: a gorgeous, big girl blazer.  It was on a clearance rack, and it was my size.


The pic, above, is of the blazer's original price tag.  Yup, I paid $35 for what had been a $325 blazer (smile).


The secret to this ever happening is that I had a pre-existing list of items (etched not only on paper--but in my mind) of those things I someday wanted to invest in.  The fact that I got an investment piece for a bargain price is due to the fact that I was more focused in on what to look for in that sweet little boutique that "fateful" day.


Blazer: Peace of Cloth
Blouse: Liz Claiborne (vintage and consigned)
Skirt: Merona (consigned)
Booties: Nine West
Belt: J Crew
Sunnies: Helix (Kohl's)


Do you have a grown-up girl's clothing list?  What's on it?  I would adore hearing about it!

Joy and peace, T.