Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Creative Style: Quilted Jacket


Pretty much any endeavor undertaken requires creativity (at least a spot of it).  Baking, planning an event, organizing the office, arranging furniture, beginning a project (any kind--you name it), dressing--everything we do has creativity's involvement attached to it in some way.



My realization of this has led me to understand: I am a creative being (We all are!).  Knowing this fact, has allowed to me step out of my comfort zone, recognize my accomplishments and feel confident about trying new things.  After all, when I do, I'm being creative (and, for the reasons stated above,  that's a good thing!).


Fall is a great time of year for a quilted jacket.  I own two of them: a red one and the black beauty featured above.  Recently, I've discovered a chic new way to style them... I roll the sleeves up to three-quarter length and sport something long-sleeved underneath.


The weather's perfect for doing so.  Of course, this same technique could work with any type of jacket or blazer.  The quilted jacket, though, is one I feel sometimes needs a bit of added oomph.


Jacket: Steve & Barry's
Turtleneck: Target
Statement Necklace: Jennifer Lopez via Kohl's
Belt: The Ritz
Skirt: TranquiliT
Boots: Nine West
Sunnies: Daisy Fuentes via Kohl's
Bracelets: Kohl's (enamel); vintage (stretch)


Amidst last eve's photo taking, my adorable diva tabby cat, Tabitha, struck a pose.  I simply had to share my pet parent pride! I'm guessing others can relate to this, yes?

How has creativity enhanced the quality of your life?  I would adore hearing about it!

Joy & peace, T.