Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tips for T-Shirt Sporting Chic


They're back!!! T-shirts, that is.  And, truly, I never thought I'd embrace t-shirt wearing, again...  But, I have.


I have a rule about what I wear.  If it doesn't make me feel good donning it, I don't.  For many a year, t-shirts didn't make me feel (well...) chic. Instead, they always made me feel a bit (um) sloppy.  As a result, I only wore them to the fitness center, outdoors when running or while gardening in my yard.


As of late, I've learned a few t-shirt wearing tips that have transformed my earlier feelings.  The first is to wear a t-shirt that's fitted versus baggy or too big.  Achieving this measure may mean investing a bit more in a t-shirt than I would have in days gone by, or buying a size or two smaller than I had in the past.


 When wearing a t-shirt with jeans, I like to only tuck it in partially (a bit of tucking in the front, and let the rest hang out).  I then add pieces that are ultra feminine like a fab pair of heels.  A statement necklace is a must--heels or not! If the sleeves are a bit tent-like, I'll roll/cuff those (as I did here).

T-shirt: Local Black Swamp Arts Festival purchase
Jeans: Aeropostale (another one my my youngest son's outgrown pairs!)
Heels: Nine West (wore these to my oldest son's wedding)
Statement Necklace: Vintage (purchased at an area antique shop)
Handbag: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Straw Hat: Mosaic Consignment Studio (local biz)


So, what do you think of my t-shirt?  I bought it a couple of years ago at a local festival (the Black Swamp Arts Festival).  This year's festival is slated for the coming weekend, and we have big plans to go to it!  In anticipation of this year's event, I simply couldn't resist wearing my t-shirt this past weekend on my Saturday morning downtown breakfast date with Mark. And, I felt luxuriant doing so (smile)!

What are your t-shirt wearing tips?  I would ADORE hearing them.

Hugs and joy, T.