Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Creative Styling: Wearing a Cowl Neck Top


It finally arrived--summer that is!  Yup, it got here in time for fall.  So glad I didn't pack away the lightweight clothing--yet!


I've got a couple of cowl necks: the black top featured above and a lovely tan one in a sweater fabric.  I like them, but they're both pretty low cut.  Of course, I can wear a cami underneath them... Yet, that can get a bit boring: cowl neck + cami + skirt or pants.  Don't you agree?


Monday, I did the unexpected: threw my cowl neck top over a dress.  This made my dress look like both a top and a skirt (smile).  It was also a fresh way to style a couple of old faves. I think it works--don't you?


Do you like my beaded necklace?  I bought it from a dear (and very talented) friend who was selling her goods at this past weekend's Black Swamp Arts Festival.  Interestingly enough, it's one of two handmade pieces I'm wearing.  You see, the dress I bought a few years back at a local boutique, and it was also handcrafted.

Cowl Neck Top: Chico's
Lace Dress:  Handmade via Diversity Boutique (also see it styled in this past post)
Belt: Kohl's (check out this past post for a limited time discount)
Shoes: Nine West
Necklace: Handmade by a talented friend!
Sunnies: Dollar Tree
Earrings: Monet (vintage)

Share your creative stylings with me.  I would ADORE hearing them!

Joy and peace! T.