Monday, September 23, 2013

Authentic Living=A License to Play!



At 51-years-young (smile), I'm having as much fun with creative play as I did as a child.  Creative expression isn't exclusively my writing and artistic endeavors, it encompasses all aspects of my life--even how I dress each day.  Every baby step taken to reclaim childhood's amazingly well-defined creativity (and courage) muscles, is paying off, too...


That's right--these days, when I see something that inspires me, I act upon it.  No longer do I think, "Looks fun, but I could never pull it off."  I used to, though...


Caps and camouflage are huge trends this fall.  Imagine my joy at finding this cap in my son's closet!  He's away at graduate school in Boston, right now, and I'm not sure whether this item is a discard of his or not, but I'm enjoying sporting it nevertheless (another smile...).

Cap: Youngest son's 
Shirt: American Eagle (Youngest son outgrew this one a few years ago)
Khaki Chinos: American Eagle 
Sunnies: Vera Bradley
Handbag: Vera Bradley (gift from my oldest son & daughter-in-law)
Pumps: Candies via Kohl's
Statement Necklace: Vintage via area antique shop
Wooden Bangles: Vintage via Vintage Vogue in Bloomington, IN


Living authentically means I have a license--to play--to experience life fully--to be me!  It sure beats, "Would love to, but I couldn't..."


Have you granted yourself license to fully live your life?  If so, please share your joy!  If not, consider committing to one action item (this week) to get you there. I would love hearing about it.

Joy, peace and happy Monday to you!  T.